Summer may be peak frizz season, but that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to wearing your curls in a ponytail until fall. For smooth, defined, frizz-free curls, all you need are the right tools.
Watch and learn how to protect your curls from frizz using the “rake and shake” method and our bestselling Climate Control® Heat & Humidity Gel. This “top coat” for curls is designed to work with humidity, not against it, to balance moisture levels and leave curls bouncy and defined—never frizzy.
Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
Clear Control Pomade
How to get the look:
1. Starting with clean, damp curls, separate hair into sections and secure with a clip.
2. Beginning with the section at the nape of your neck, rake a nickel-size amount of Climate Control® Heat & Humidity Gel through curls from roots to ends.
3. While still holding the ends of your hair, shake at the wrist to encourage your natural curl pattern. Tip: Smaller sections create more definition and volume.
4. Repeat on the remaining sections.
5. Blow dry your curls with a diffuser on a low, warm setting—or allow curls to air dry.
6. Open the curl with a finishing product, such as Ouidad Clear Control Pomade. Pull your curls into a "pineapple" ponytail on top of your head, and use your hands to run the pomade over your hair.
7. Love your frizz-free curls all summer long!